President's Special this weekend: Oct 11 at 10:30 AM

  • scan_editor_brg@bellsouth.net
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 8, 2008
      Hey Everyone,

      As I mentioned in the last newsletter, we have been invited to visit the Bishop Gravatt Center near Aiken, SC, to help them identify plant species at the Center that should be protected.  They are scheduled to have a controlled burn early in 2009. One of our members has suggested possibly doing a post burn inventory next year to make comparisons.

      Attached is a Google map that indicates where the Center is located in relation to Columbia and Aiken, and another that will help navigate to the Center after you take Exit 29 off of I-20.  There is also a Google aerial of the Center (large pond in the center of the aerial).

      We should meet at the Center at 10:30am.  I would suggest bringing a lunch that can be packed in with you in the event we do not make it back to the cars in time for lunch.

      I hope to see you there!

      Gordon / SCAN President, agmurphyjr@...

      P.S. - If you will be camping with us at Edisto State Park after the Botany Bay trip later this month, please let me know via email so we can get a potential head-count.  We will be staying in the group camping area.