RE: [beemonitoring] Re: Regarding green house plants for bumblee bees and honey bees

  • Liz Day
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 5, 2008
      >>.....on a lot of their fronds, but the wildpepermint plants are still (10/4/08) growing vines, growing those light lavender flowers.

      >>> I'm confused by your suggestion of wild peppermint. In MD, I rarely see any member of the mint family in bloom at this time of year. Also your use of the word vine has me confused because there is nothing about peppermint that could be what I call a vine.

      The peppermint I'm familiar with (a garden plant; don't know its origin) does put out runners that snake out in all directions over the ground. The runners don't climb, but they do remind one of vines in their appearance, vigor and speed.

      Liz D.
      Indianapolis, Indiana, USA
    • Charles Guevara
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 5, 2008
           Hello Liz, All our wetlands with running water here in NY/NJ 'highlands' (as Harriman Tate Park,NY typifies)...have rather common asseblages of cattails/ferns/and wildpepermint.

           I am really hopeing to contact PhD candidate raj, who posted in this bee forum this past 8/08.  I especially wish to send him e-mail with attached images...Can 'off list e-mail contacts between forum members here ' contain attached images, Liz ?  I tried doing this for raj...there seemed no option for attachments  when I e-mailed raj.

           Liz, I can gladly 'off list' e-mail you images of wildpepermint both in the field/wetlands here...and in my outdoor 'microcosm wetland tubs' (I constructed these setups as biofilters for my native fish outdoor setups.    charlie guevara  NJ,US

        >>.....on a lot of their fronds, but the wildpepermint plants are still
        (10/4/08) growing vines, growing those light lavender flowers.

        >>>  I'm confused by your suggestion of wild peppermint. In MD, I
        rarely see any member of the mint family in bloom at this time of year. Also
        your use of the word vine has me confused because there is nothing about
        peppermint that could be what I call a vine.

        The peppermint I'm familiar with (a garden plant; don't know its
        origin) does put out runners that snake out in all directions over the ground.
        The runners don't climb, but they do remind one of vines in their
        appearance, vigor and speed.

        Liz D.
        Indianapolis, Indiana, USA

        <*> Your email settings: