Fwd: [beemonitoring] Bombus-GroundIvy Connection? (More Tongue Data)

  • Thomas of Baltimore
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 21, 2006
      Flower-Visiting Insects of Ground Ivy

      Glechoma hederacea (Ground Ivy) introduced
      (Insects suck nectar; butterflies, skippers, & moths are ineffective pollinators; observations are from Robertson)

      Bees (long-tongued)
      Apidae (Apinae): Apis mellifera fq; Apidae (Bombini): Bombus bimaculatus, Bombus pensylvanica fq, Bombus vagans; Anthophoridae (Anthophorini): Anthophora abrupta fq; Anthophoridae (Ceratinini): Ceratina dupla dupla fq; Anthophoridae (Eucerini): Synhalonia speciosa fq; Anthophoridae (Nomadini): Nomada superba superba fq; Megachilidae (Osmiini): Hoplitis pilosifrons, Osmia collinsiae, Osmia pumila fq

      Bees (short-tongued)
      Halictidae (Halictinae): Augochlorella striata, Augochloropsis metallica metallica

      Flies
      Syrphidae: Rhingia nasica; Bombyliidae: Bombylius atriceps

      Butterflies
      Pieridae: Colias philodice np fq, Pieris rapae np

      Skippers
      Hesperiidae: Poanes hobomok np, Poanes zabulon np, Polites peckius np

      Moths
      Noctuidae: Anagrapha falcifera np

    • Thomas of Baltimore
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 21, 2006
        You can catch up if you like if you read the first email I posted with the title Bombus-GroundIvy Connection?   Or if you are not so inclined you may just ignore all of my posts.