New Version of Handy Bee Manual is Now Online

    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 9 7:59 AM

      Greetings Everyone:

      The latest version of the handy bee manual is available at:

      ftp://ftpext.usgs.gov/pub/er/md/laurel/Droege/Standard%20Files
      both WORD and PDF versions

      and

      http://bio2.elmira.edu/fieldbio/
      pdf version is the latest
      WORD version is the last one...

      Looks like several additional site will be uploading the manual soon, but since I will be out of town for a while I thought I would send the out.

      Thanks

      I taste a liquor never brewed,
      From tankards scooped in pearl;
      Not all the vats upon the Rhine
      Yield such an alcohol!

      Inebriate of air am I,
      And debauchee of dew,
      Reeling, through endless summer days,
      From inns of molten blue.

      When landlords turn the drunken bee
      Out of the foxglove's door,
      When butterflies renounce their drams,
      I shall but drink the more!

      Till seraphs swing their snowy hats,
      And saints to windows run,
      To see the little tippler
      Leaning against the sun!
       -Dickinson

    • Crumbling.Deana@epamail.epa.gov
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 9 8:09 AM
        Hi Sam,

        Are you in your office Thurs or Fri this week?

        --Deana
      • Ruggiero, Michael
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 10 9:05 AM

          Dear Colleagues,

          We are pleased to announce the completion of the World Bee Checklist.  This has been an extraordinary effort on the part of many people for several years. As a result, we now have a list of nearly 19,500 accepted bee names. You can access and download the checklist online at: www.itis.gov.  I have attached a Smithsonian press release describing the project.

          Best Regards,

          Mike Ruggiero

          ***Please excuse cross-postings***

          Dr. Michael Ruggiero