Fwd: Bee discussion

    Message 1 of 1 , May 16 6:14 AM

      ---------- Forwarded message ----------
      From: Yvonne Hyde <gibbsian@...>
      Date: Thu, May 15, 2014 at 10:32 PM
      Subject: Bee discussion
      To: bernhap2@...

      Dear Peter,

      That bee story certainly stirred the Britts up.   I was not paying close attention at the time and dont know who said it, but fairly sure it was ABC TV ” Gardening Australia” show a week ago.  Michael Rusager’s response was amusing.

      I dont understand Twitter or Facebook but stories spread like wildfire through them known as “going viral”.   Tasmania is our poorest state but a Tasmanian lavender farm recently had a miraculous response when they decided to sell a lavender fur teddy bear filled with seeds and lavender to visiting tourists.   A female model from China was pictured on Chinese TV or Facebook with one of the bears and since then the farm has been visited by hordes of Chinese tourists buying the bears.  The farm cant keep up with demand.  The seeds or whatever they use for filling are safe and the bears are made here;  however fake bears started to appear in China with seeds that were not safe and could spread disease, so the Chinese Govt. banned them much to the Tassie farm’s relief.   The farm wont sell thru the net or post, you have to go to Tassie to get one.

      If only we could do that with gumnut babies instead of the ones recently sold through Australian post offices that dont have much appeal.

      Love and the scent of Lavender from
      Yvonne