seek help with bee/pesticide study - second call

  • Da Chen
    Message 1 of 1 , May 15, 2014
      Dear Bee Communities,

      A while ago I sent a request for honeybee specimens for pesticide exposure studies. I received a number of replies that expressed interests and willingness to help. Thank you all for responding.

      To expand the study and cover more geographical locations, we sincerely seek additional support from bee communities.

      Our study is to evaluate spatial and temporal trends of honeybee's exposure to insecticides/pesticides and associations with environmental/ecological factors. The first step of this study will be to investigate current exposure scenarios from different regions as a baseline for future research. We would like to have bee samples from different regions in oder to map the contamination patterns.

      We sincerely seek help with field bee collection.  If you are doing or going to do field survey and have extra bee samples, we'd like to have them for chemical residue analysis.​ If you are seeking collaboration with pesticide analysis in bees, we would also like to help.

      If you are interested and want to obtain more information about our project, please feel free to send me a message.

      Thank you.

      Da

      Da Chen, Ph.D.
      Cooperative Wildlife Research Laboratory
      Department of Zoology
      Southern Illinois University
      dachen@...