microcapillary tube

  • Rachna Pande
    Message 1 of 4 , May 12 10:20 PM
      people are using microcapillary tube for nectar sampling. is it graduated capillary or melting point capillary? can anyone clarify the both?

      --
      With regards,

      Dr. RACHNA PANDE
      Scientist, ARS (Entomology)
      Division of Crop Improvement
      ICAR Research Complex for NEH Region
      Umroi road, Umiam, 793 103
      Meghalaya
      INDIA

      " Smile is a curve that can set a lot of things straight "
    • shapira .t
      Message 2 of 4 , May 13 3:40 AM
        I used glass disposable micro-capillaries (1 or 0.5 microliter) for sampling and quantify nectar volume of Trifolium and Mustard species (at lab not in field).

        Tal
      • Jack Neff
        Message 3 of 4 , May 13 8:33 AM
          I've used Drummond disposable "microcaps" for sampling nectar volume. I've usually used 1 microl or larger but they  make them as small as 0.1 microl (I haven't tried these).  Those kind of microvolumes will be problematic with a handheld refractometer but could be useful for spotting for on paper for later analysis  with HPLC.

          best

          Jack

          On Tuesday, May 13, 2014 5:40 AM, "'shapira .t' shapira.t@... [beemonitoring]" <beemonitoring@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

          I used glass disposable micro-capillaries (1 or 0.5 microliter) for sampling and quantify nectar volume of Trifolium and Mustard species (at lab not in field).

          Tal

        • Gordon W. FRANKIE