Bee Master, Sackville-West

    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 4, 2014
    • Doug Yanega
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 4, 2014
        On 2/4/14 8:57 AM, Peter Bernhardt wrote:

        I'm sure I'm not the only one whose brain read that as "Sackville-Baggins" at first glance. ;-)

        BTW, I do like the line

        " And, through the blazing ether, drops
        Like a small thunderbolt the vindicated drone."

        Which clearly refers to how an exploded drone will plummet to the ground, twitching and nearly paralyzed, after mating. We should convince authors to start using the word "vindicated" now to refer to post-coital male behavior. ;-)

        Peace,