Seeking current information on Pseudoanthidium nanum

  • Heather Moylett
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 23, 2014
      Hi all,
      I just became aware of the presence of Pseudoanthidium nanum in the northeast. I have read through the archived discussions on the yahoo group page and was wondering if there was any new information about the spread or biology of P. nanum. I have been unable to find new pubs/information and would really appreciate if any one could point me toward existing publications I may have overlooked or share any personal observations they have on its biology or behavior...
      Thanks,
      Heather
      --
      Heather M. C. Moylett
      MSc Candidate
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 23, 2014
        Let me follow up Heather's request to ask that anyone having seen this species post their records to the listserv.  Such a new alien bee is of interest.

        Below are ours... all in Maryland

        Query1
        city
        Hagerstown
        Hagerstown
        Dundalk
        Dundalk
        Dundalk
        Query1
        time1
        201108211130xx
        201108211130xx
        201008281030xx
        201008281030xx
        201008281030xx

        sam

        Sam Droege  sdroege@...

        To Be Saved You Must Be Spent

        The blast from the bees' wings
        is enough to knock the blossoms
        from the wisteria, late spring
        and the sexual clouds of pollen
        are dissipating in the backyard.
        The blooms' purple confetti litters
        the yard, the parade gone by,
        and the dogwood is dropping pieces
        of a letter it's shredded,
        white scraps with just a dab
        of ink staining each one.
        The words might have proclaimed love
        or been an official notice of death.
        All that can be said for sure
        is that the blue torque of the sky
        has tightened.

        Michael Chitwood

        On Thu, Jan 23, 2014 at 5:42 PM, Heather Moylett <hmcampbe@...> wrote:

        Hi all,
        I just became aware of the presence of Pseudoanthidium nanum in the northeast. I have read through the archived discussions on the yahoo group page and was wondering if there was any new information about the spread or biology of P. nanum. I have been unable to find new pubs/information and would really appreciate if any one could point me toward existing publications I may have overlooked or share any personal observations they have on its biology or behavior...
        Thanks,
        Heather
        --
        Heather M. C. Moylett
        MSc Candidate
        Entomology Department
        North Carolina State University
        Raleigh, NC 27609

        --
        Bees are Not Optional
        Ong là không bắt buộc
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 31, 2014
          We had our first known record of P. nanum from Massachusetts last season; one female netted on Centauria on Cape Cod on July 31.

          Michael Veit

          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 31, 2014
            I also have records of Pseudoanthidum nanum from NJ from 2010.

            Caroline DeVan
            NJIT/Rutgers-Newark

            On Fri, Jan 31, 2014 at 9:36 AM, Michael Veit <mveit@...> wrote:

[...]

            graduate student

[...]