pan trap specimens

  • carr_df
    Message 1 of 1 , May 28, 2008
      Hello everyone,
      I have a question about identifying specimens from pan traps. I
      collected quite a few insects this spring in pans filled with mildly
      soapy water, and I stored them in 70% ethanol at -20. I have learned
      that there may be problems with drying these specimens out for
      identification and preservation. I have heard about a critical point
      dryer, but they seem to be rather expensive.
      I am a new member to this site, and I understand that this may have
      been addressed earlier. Can anyone help me shed some light on this issue?
      Daniel Carr
      carrdf@...