request bee photos eastern US for book

  • Cane, Jim
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 9, 2013

      Folks- Joseph Moisan sent the following request.  If you can be of help, email him directly at: j.moisan.de.serres@... .

      "I am contacting you once more because I am still looking for few pictures to complete the field guide on pollinators we are working on. We still need to find six bee pictures and I thought that you might have some of them. The pictures we are looking for are  :

      Perdita spp. (preferably species from Northeastern North America (ex : Perdita octomaculata))

      Stelis spp. (preferably species from Northeastern North America (ex : Stelis louisae))

      Svastra obliqua obliqua (male and female pictures)

      Sphecodes with a black body (ex : male Sphecodes heraclei)

      Blueberry flower pierced by Xylocopa spp. for nectar robbing

      Xylocopa spp. nest

      As you can see, some of the pictures we need are eastern species and you probably don't have such pictures, but maybe you know somebody who might have some and who would to let us use them in our guide."

      Jim

      James H. Cane

      USDA-ARS Pollinating Insect Research Unit

      Utah State University, Logan, UT 84322 USA

      tel: 435-797-3879   FAX: 435-797-0461

      email: Jim.Cane@...

      web page: www.ars.usda.gov/npa/beelab

      publications: http://digitalcommons.usu.edu/piru/