finding and searching on other names in discoverlife

  • John S. Ascher
    Message 1 of 3 , May 1 9:08 AM
      The "other names" are found on species pages in smaller font under the
      currently valid species name and on the genus pages in black font
      following the blue valid species name that link to species pages.

      All names and other names can also be viewed on the Apoidea species guide
      page here:

      http://www.discoverlife.org/mp/20q?guide=Apoidea_species

      If you click "Checklist" among the options at the top of the page (second
      row) it pulls up a very long list of names including the other names. You
      can use a search (Ctrl F) to locate text strings (part or all of names of
      interest). This is your best bet for efficiently locating other names
      until the seach box if optimized.

      If the server is slow try selecting one of the alternate servers listed at
      the bottom of the main page (http://www.discoverlife.org/) before
      proceeding. You will find that some are faster than others.

      Please send corrections!

      John

      --
      John S. Ascher, Ph.D.