B. occidentalis found in Humboldt County, CA

  • cil4@ymail.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 5 5:53 PM
      I'm a grad student of Michael Mesler's at HSU and I am documenting the bee fauna of the Grouse Mountain area of Humboldt County. On August 1st, I found two B. occidentalis workers foraging on St. John's Wort. The identification was confirmed by Robbin Thorp and my submission was just accepted by the Xerces Society! I just had to share the good news!

      I posted photos to the group!

      Carrie Lopez