Re: [beemonitoring] Re: Book Recommendation? [1 Attachment]

  • Jack Neff
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 5, 2013
      I was probably being overly harsh on Stephen et al.  Its a good key for the genera of bees of the Northwestern America (at least if one updates the systematics).  However, for me, identifying bees is taking them to species and as yet there is no western equivalent of Mitchell.  One certainly has to be able to get things to genus first, but in a group like the bees where many of the genera are gigantic, genus-level ids are only a baby step.

      best

      Jack