Bee

  • Riddle,T Charles
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 29, 2013

    I am trying to overcome bad eyesight. So, can anyone help me with this bee. It was collected from crape myrtle. I would think the cheek pieces may help?

    T. Charles Riddle

    Biologist

    University of Florida

    Nfrec Quincy

  • Rob Snyder
    Message 2 of 4 , Jul 29, 2013
      Looks like Halictus ligatus female

      Rob

      To: beemonitoring@yahoogroups.com
      From: tcri@...
      Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2013 20:41:07 +0000
      Subject: [beemonitoring] Bee [2 Attachments]

      [Attachment(s) from Riddle,T Charles included below]

      I am trying to overcome bad eyesight. So, can anyone help me with this bee. It was collected from crape myrtle. I would think the cheek pieces may help?

      T. Charles Riddle

      Biologist

      University of Florida

      Nfrec Quincy

    • Cory Sheffield
      Message 3 of 4 , Jul 29, 2013
        My guess is Halictus poeyi, assuming the species was collected in Florida!

        To: beemonitoring@yahoogroups.com

        Message 4 of 4 , Jul 29, 2013
          Since it comes from Florida, it should be Halictus poeyi

          To: beemonitoring@yahoogroups.com
          From: tcri@...
          Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2013 20:41:07 +0000

          --