Some basic advice on bee flower interactions

  • Anita M. Collins
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 26, 2013
       Hi guys,

      I've been doing basic monitoring a la Sam Droege.  WE now have an extensive native plant garden and some major acreage of rare plants that like growing with in heavy metal contaminated soils.  I'd like to do some trapping of bees on blooms to see who is visiting what.  Are there some things I should be aware of, like more activity early in the morning, clues to types of bees by size of flower, or the like? I see activity on some of the blooms, but not others.  What should I be looking for?   Any good basic papers with techniques?
      Thanks,
      Anita

      Albert Einstein