Dawn in propylene glycol pan traps

  • Crystal Boyd
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 16, 2013
      Hello, my name is Crystal Boyd, and I'm running some experiments that compare pan traps filled with soapy water (Dawn) to those filled with propylene glycol. Would the propylene glycol traps be OK on their own, or would they also need Dawn to break the surface tension? Thanks so much for any advice.

      Best,
      Crystal
    • Crystal Boyd
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 16, 2013
        Thanks, Mel. I'm wondering because I've done some preliminary surveys comparing Dawn & water with only propylene glycol. My specimen numbers are much lower in pan traps with only propylene glycol. The traps are on the prairie, which has been very windy and hot lately. Hopefully I'm not missing something. Has anyone else experienced this?

        Thanks again,
        Crystal