Re: [beemonitoring] Intact large paper hive 'post mortem' possible? please advise?

  • Charles Guevara
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 29, 2013
         Thanks for the education, Matthias.  Odd how I sense the bees I observed did not look like yellow jackets to me..and I certainly have encounters with yellow-jackets.  I'll have to look at the images I captured last year.  all the best, charlie guevara

      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 30, 2013
        Remember that there are MANY yellowjacket species in N.A. with various coloration.  From the size of your nest, if it were in WA. state, I would most suspect Dolichovespula maculata, a large black and white "yellowjacket".

        Dane Pehling
        WSU Extension Snohomish County

        Sent from my iPad

        Message 4 of 6 , Jun 30, 2013
        • 1 Attachment
        • 837 KB
        Opps on second image.

        [Attachment(s) from Charles Guevara included below]