PPT with Audio available on using USFS

  • Droege, Sam
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 10, 2013

      Recently I gave a summary of the first 3 years of a pilot program to create a long-term monitoring network for bees in protected areas in North America.

      The main thrust of the presentation is looking at year to year variances in counts of bee by genus (identifications were not take to the species level) and talk about the implications of that variance on estimating change.

      The results were very similar to the LeBuhn et al paper:  Conservation Biology, Volume 27, No. 1, 113–120

      If you want to browse through that talk it is up and available for download at:

      sam

      The February Bee

      The bumblebee crept out on the stone steps.
      No roses. Nothing to gather.
      Nothing but itself, the cold air,
      and the spring light.
      It rubbed its legs together
      as if it wished to start a fire
      and wear its warmth.
      Under its smart yellow bands
      the black body shone like patent leather.
      It groomed itself, like a pilot
      ready for takeoff and yet not ready:
      when my shadow fell over him
      he flicked his wings, checking them,