RE: [beemonitoring] Keying out bee species

  • FLECKENSTEIN, JOHN (DNR)
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 3, 2013

      David,

      I assume you’ve looked in your own department? Looks like there is some Apis expertise there. Do they work with other species? If there is an agricultural extension office in the area, you might contact them. I’ve found that people with a broad range of professional and personal expertise lurk in the extension.

      John Fleckenstein, zoologist

      Natural Heritage Program

      Department of Natural Resources

      360-902-1674

      John.Fleckenstein at dnr.wa.gov

      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 4, 2013

        Hi David,

        Is Faith Kuehn still at the Delaware Dept. of Agriculture?  She did a lot of work with native bees a few years ago, and could probably direct you to local resources.  A local reference collection is really important.

        Here is some of Faith’s work in Delaware: http://dda.delaware.gov/publications/plant_industries/Bee%20Guide_07.pdf

        Kim Stoner

        John.Fleckenstein at dnr.wa.gov