Large Carpenter Bee & Eye of Fish

  • Richard Orr
    Message 1 of 1 , May 22, 2013

      Here I am again with another Maryland Large Carpenter Bee behavior question.

      Attached is a link to a photo of a Large Carpenter Bee that spent at least 5 minutes licking the eye of this dead fish.  She was turning in slow circles trying like crazy to feed on the eye.  It appeared to be the only part of the fish that she was interested in.

      I would not want to eat her honey L

      Let me know if you know what is going on – plenty of flowers around so she could not have been hungry.  Salts? Fish oil?

      http://www.flickr.com/photos/dragonflyhunter/8784486533/

      Richard Orr

      www.marylandinsects.com

      www.flickr.com/photos/dragonflyhunter/