Re: [beemonitoring] Elementary, my dear Watson.

  • Brian Dykstra
    Message 1 of 4 , May 20, 2013
    About the Sherlock Homes Bee(s):
    Anita, Eli and others,
    The show ending was far some scientifically accurate.  This collage is not Osmia avosetta, but is a visual take on the shows science.  As I noted in my Ethnobeeology FB post, Sherlock Holmes has a long and varied history with beekeeping, which has been revived recently in books and now television.

    On Mon, May 20, 2013 at 3:30 AM, Anita M. Collins <frozenbeedoc@...> wrote:

     Did anyone catch last week's episode of Elementary?  At the end of the show, Sherlock is sitting on the roof contemplating two VERY tall observation hives.  Apis, I supposed.  However he revealed that he had crossed an Apis with an Osmia and gotten a hybrid Euglossinae which he was naming after Watson.   ;o)  LOL!
    Anita

    Albert Einstein