Native Bees in the Netherlands?

  • Julie Tennis
    Message 1 of 3 , May 10, 2013
      Hello!

      I am going to the Netherlands in a few weeks and am hoping to see some native bees while I'm there.  Does anyone on the list have experience with bees in that country?

      Julie Tennis
      Writer, Educator, Beekeeper

      (360) 484-7870
      julietennis@...
    • Jack Neff
      Message 2 of 3 , May 10, 2013
        Googling Dutch Bees produced this site: http://www.wildebijen.nl/beeguide.html
        It has lists of the 262  spp reported from the Netherlands.  Common names are Dutch but you can find an English version of the list

        best

        Jack

        Message 3 of 3 , May 11, 2013
          You should get this book, it is an excellent resource for the dutch bees (with maps, names and photographs although text is most dutch):

          Best, Claus