Fwd: FW: Peter Raven sent you an article...Economist, April 27, 2013

    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 29, 2013
      Trust a British Economics magazine to publicize this old story.

      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 30, 2013
        --- In beemonitoring@yahoogroups.com, Peter Bernhardt <bernhap2@...> wrote:

        > Trust a British Economics magazine to publicize this old story.

        I watched the carpenter bees on my blueberries this spring (they bloomed early, and I did not observe any blueberry bees until the following week, when redbud opened).

        I had been concerned about pollination failure, because of the nectar robbing behavior of the carpenter bees. I was a little reassured as I watched them work, because these big bumbling bees did brush the stigma more often that I had expected. And I could see pollen on their bodies.

        I was much more relieved, when I later realized that we have a fine fruit set.

        Dave
        Coastal SC