Vote for Bumble Bees: Make them the new Wrap Stars!

  • Matthew Shepherd
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 9, 2013

      Sorry if this seems a little off topic for bee monitoring (I was happy to see yesterday’s discussion about mulch; it’s something I’ve been talking to gardeners about for years!), but as a group of bee-centric people, I thought you’d like to know about the chance we have to get publicity for bumble bee conservation.

      Vote for Bumble Bees: Make them the new Wrap Stars!

      Endangered Species Chocolate is seeking two new animals to be featured on their chocolate bar wrappers. The choice will be made based on voting on Facebook. We need your help to make a bumble bee one of the two new wrapper stars!

      Endangered Species Chocolate selected six animals that represent six conservation organizations: the bumble bee and Xerces are included as candidates. They are also making a $1,000 donation to the two winning organizations. That’s really nice (really, really nice!), but the main prize is a bumble bee on a wrapper. Wouldn’t it be fantastic to see a bumble bee on the shelves of grocery stores across the country? It could bring a massive amount of publicity to the problems they face and the need to protect them.

      Vote for the bumble bee at http://on.fb.me/16IqJDJ. You do need to have a Facebook account to vote. Voting continues until 11:59 p.m. EST on Sunday, April 21, and you can vote for the bumble bee at least once a day. Repeat voting can make the difference, so make it part of your daily routine.

      When you’ve voted, please share this link with your friends and networks. (Just forward this email on.) The other five animals all have their supporters too—and some of them are darned cute!—so it’ll take some effort to win.

      If you already know about this ESC campaign—it was launched yesterday—and voted for the bumble bee, thank you. If you haven’t, go vote now!

      Let’s show the world that bumble bees deserve respect too.

      Thanks!

      Matthew

      ________

      VOTE FOR BUMBLE BEES! With your help, we can get a bumble bee onto an Endangered Species Chocolate bar wrapper. Cast your vote once each day until April 21 at http://on.fb.me/16IqJDJ

      Matthew Shepherd

      Communications Director

      The Xerces Society for Invertebrate Conservation

      628 NE Broadway, Ste 200, Portland, OR 97232-1324, USA

      mdshepherd@...

      Tel: (503) 232-6639 ext. 110

      Toll free: 1-855-232 6639 ext. 110

      Cell: (503) 807-1577

      Fax: (503) 233-6794

      Stay in touch:

      xerces.org          Facebook          E-newsletter          Twitter

      The Xerces Society for Invertebrate Conservation is an international nonprofit organization that protects wildlife through the conservation of invertebrates and their habitat.

      To join the Society, make a donation, or read about our work, please visit www.xerces.org.