Re: [beemonitoring] free-use bee and insect photos

  • Brian Dykstra
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 11 1:54 PM
      Thanks Jessica!  I will try your suggestions.
      I am also finding that the ARS Agricultural Research Service http://www.ars.usda.gov has an image search, and these images are free-use.

      On Mon, Mar 11, 2013 at 10:20 AM, Rykken, Jessica <jrykken@...> wrote:

      You can used the advanced search option on Flickr to restrict your search to images with a Creative Commons license that also allows derivative works (so you can adapt, modify etc.).  You still need to credit the photographer, and they retain the copyright, but as long as you're not using the image for commercial purposes, you're free to use the image however you like.

      Also, all images on the Encyclopedia of Life (eol.org) have Creative Commons licenses.

      Jessica Rykken