Re: [beemonitoring] free-use bee and insect photos

  • John Mola
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 11, 2013
      Ditto on using Flickr. I think it's the best source by far!

      On Mon, Mar 11, 2013 at 1:28 PM, Pehling, David J <pehling@...> wrote:

      I have use Wikimedia Commons in the past…. http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Main_Page

      Cheers,

      Dave….

      ==============================

      Dave Pehling

      WSU Extension Snohomish County

      600 128th ST SE

      Everett, WA.  98208

      phone: 425-338-2400

      fax:  425-338-3994

      pehling@...

      http://snohomish.wsu.edu

      http:// gardening.wsu.edu

      Extension programs and policies are consistent with federal and state laws and regulations on nondiscrimination regarding race, sex, religion, age, color, creed, national or ethnic origin; physical, mental or sensory disability; marital status, sexual orientation, or status as a Vietnam-era or disabled veteran. Evidence of noncompliance may be reported through your local Extension office.

      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 11, 2013
        Thanks Jessica!  I will try your suggestions.
        I am also finding that the ARS Agricultural Research Service http://www.ars.usda.gov has an image search, and these images are free-use.

        On Mon, Mar 11, 2013 at 10:20 AM, Rykken, Jessica <jrykken@...> wrote:

        You can used the advanced search option on Flickr to restrict your search to images with a Creative Commons license that also allows derivative works (so you can adapt, modify etc.).  You still need to credit the photographer, and they retain the copyright, but as long as you're not using the image for commercial purposes, you're free to use the image however you like.

        Also, all images on the Encyclopedia of Life (eol.org) have Creative Commons licenses.

        Jessica Rykken