RE: [beemonitoring] free-use bee and insect photos

  • Rykken, Jessica
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 11, 2013
      You can used the advanced search option on Flickr to restrict your search to images with a Creative Commons license that also allows derivative works (so you can adapt, modify etc.).  You still need to credit the photographer, and they retain the copyright, but as long as you're not using the image for commercial purposes, you're free to use the image however you like.

      Also, all images on the Encyclopedia of Life (eol.org) have Creative Commons licenses.

      Jessica Rykken

      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 11, 2013

        I have use Wikimedia Commons in the past…. http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Main_Page

        Cheers,

        Dave….

        ==============================

        Dave Pehling

        WSU Extension Snohomish County

        600 128th ST SE

        Everett, WA.  98208

        phone: 425-338-2400

        fax:  425-338-3994

        pehling@...

        http://snohomish.wsu.edu

        http:// gardening.wsu.edu

        Extension programs and policies are consistent with federal and state laws and regulations on nondiscrimination regarding race, sex, religion, age, color, creed, national or ethnic origin; physical, mental or sensory disability; marital status, sexual orientation, or status as a Vietnam-era or disabled veteran. Evidence of noncompliance may be reported through your local Extension office.

          --
          John Mola
          JohnMMola@...

        • Brian Dykstra
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 11, 2013
            Thanks Jessica!  I will try your suggestions.
            I am also finding that the ARS Agricultural Research Service http://www.ars.usda.gov has an image search, and these images are free-use.