free-use bee and insect photos

  • Brian Dykstra
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 11, 2013
      Dear all beemonitors,

      I am seeking free-use, copyright free images of bees and other common garden insects. I am open to suggestions of websites/online repositories of images.

      Thank you so much for reading,
      Sincerely,
      Brian J. Dykstra
    • Rykken, Jessica
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 11, 2013
        You can used the advanced search option on Flickr to restrict your search to images with a Creative Commons license that also allows derivative works (so you can adapt, modify etc.).  You still need to credit the photographer, and they retain the copyright, but as long as you're not using the image for commercial purposes, you're free to use the image however you like.

        Also, all images on the Encyclopedia of Life (eol.org) have Creative Commons licenses.

        Jessica Rykken

        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 11, 2013

          I have use Wikimedia Commons in the past…. http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Main_Page

          Cheers,

          Dave….

          ==============================

          Dave Pehling

          WSU Extension Snohomish County

          600 128th ST SE

          Everett, WA.  98208

          phone: 425-338-2400

          fax:  425-338-3994

          pehling@...

          http://snohomish.wsu.edu

          http:// gardening.wsu.edu

          Extension programs and policies are consistent with federal and state laws and regulations on nondiscrimination regarding race, sex, religion, age, color, creed, national or ethnic origin; physical, mental or sensory disability; marital status, sexual orientation, or status as a Vietnam-era or disabled veteran. Evidence of noncompliance may be reported through your local Extension office.

            --
            John Mola
            JohnMMola@...

          • Brian Dykstra
            Message 5 of 5 , Mar 11, 2013
              Thanks Jessica!  I will try your suggestions.
              I am also finding that the ARS Agricultural Research Service http://www.ars.usda.gov has an image search, and these images are free-use.