DiscoverLife state-level checklist queries???

  • Eric Mader
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 6, 2013
      Hi folks,

      Does anyone know of a simple way to query DiscoverLife for state-level species checklists?

      It's pretty clear that you can do it for whole countries, and parts of states in some cases (e.g. Molokai). It would be really helpful  if there was some easy way to create quick state-level checklists.

       Any thoughts?

      Thanks!

      -E.
      ---
      Eric Mӓder
      - Assistant Pollinator Program Director, The Xerces Society for Invertebrate Conservation
      - Assistant Professor of Extension, University of Minnesota Department of Entomology
      - USDA-NRCS Technical Service Provider, TSP-10-6572

      The Xerces Society for Invertebrate Conservation

      628 NE Broadway Suite 200, Portland, OR 97232, USA

      Tel: (503) 232-6639
      Cell: (503) 989-3649
      (日本語でどうぞ)

      The Xerces Society for Invertebrate Conservation is an international nonprofit organization that protects wildlife through the conservation of invertebrates and their habitat. To join the Society, make a contribution, or read about our work, please visit www.xerces.org.
    • Nicholas Stewart
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 18, 2013

        I second this assertion. I asked for a similar thing couple years back, but I understand how busy Dr. Pickering, Sam and the DL team are!

        If anyone knows a good way to compile species lists for states - even better, regions - I too am in the market.

        *** From my Android Mobile ***
        _________________________________
              nick.s2art@...
        _________________________________
                GA Native Pollinator
          Assessment & Bio-Inventory

        Georgia Native Pollinator Lab,
                            A-1300
        1000 University Centre Dr.
        Lawrenceville, GA 30043

        On Feb 6, 2013 4:33 PM, "Eric Mader" <eric@...> wrote:

[...]

      • Brian Dykstra
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 19, 2013
          Dear All,
          I am searching for drawings or photographs of Hoplitis papaveris (Megachilidae), the upholsterer bee, which utilizes primarily Papaver petals in nest cell building.  This bee is native to Europe and Asia.  Thanks in advance!
          Brian Dykstra