List of current managed bees?

  • jason graham
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 11, 2013
      Hello All,
      Does anyone have, or know of, an updated list of the commercially available bees (besides Apis mellifera) being managed for pollination in North America?
      Off the top of my head I came up with: Megachile rotunda, Nomia melanderi, Osmia cornifronsOsmia lignaria, Bombus impatiens (other Bombus sp.?)
      Does anyone know of other species that I should add to this list? I'd also be interested in learning of species which are being managed for pollination experimentally but are not yet available commercially.
      Thanks for any input that you may have,
      Jason

      Jason R. Graham
      Honey Bee Research and Extension Laboratory
      Department of Entomology and Nematology
      University of Florida
      Bldg 970 Natural Area Drive
      PO Box 110620 Gainesville, FL 32611-0620
      Phone (352) 519-9592
      Fax (352) 392-0190