Forgot to include some gimme characteristics for C. strenua

  • Droege, Sam
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 9, 2012

      There are characters for the male and female that are unique to that species that I forgot to mention....

      Here you go as a tip...am incorporating into the guide right now.

      The female is unique among eastern Ceratina in that they have a tiny white or ivory mark at the very apical end of the front femur. This is often overlooked as it is so close to the white mark on the adjacent tibia. The other Ceratina species have the ends of the femur dark. Males are unique  for there very tiny flange on T7, small size, and the white stripe on the front tibia runs the Entire length of the tibia.

      sam

      Sam Droege  sdroege@...

      Contagion

      Elephants are contagious!