Touching base, one large-scale Bee Phenology Study to another...

  • Nicholas Stewart
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 12, 2012
      Hey Dave;

      Guess I'll start with a question: do you remember me @ all from PSU??

      I used to unofficially curate the Frost as a side duty for Dr. KC Kim as I worked officially as the sole taxonomists going through raw samples from the Fort Indiantown Gap & Shenandoah Biodiversity Assessments - from around 2004-2007ish.

      After we got to know one another during the Insect Field Nat'l History Grad Course at the Sieg Center in 2005 or 2006...you & me (as the only completely self-taught undergrad in the course that year) ended up sorting the whole class's insect catches together all that trip. After that class, we chatted here and there, & u would stop in to chat with me @ Frost whenever you were in Univ Park @ the Ento Dept.

      Anyways, I obviously continued the love I fostered for the Aculeates @ the Frost in 2003/2004 thanks to Sam Droege, Dr. Kim & you in the years following. Spent few years (2006-2009) in private sector as branch Ento & conservation consultant for a very large pest company in DC, then Atlanta. It was during that time I designed my current study, finally leaving the non-inspiring comfort & financial security of private sector late 2009. Sought out my research partner @ his non-research public college in N Central GA (to insure I maintained exclusive intellectual rights to everything, so I could simply take what I hoped would be a successful project into whatever graduate program I ended up at), and since 2010 have run my research with him.

      I've got so much to ask about your research, as you might also have - plus show/tell you from my findings over these last three years!

      If you're so inclined (or anyone else who might be as well), hit me up with any general questions here on beemonitoring ListServ. BUT DEFINITELY, let's touch base privately one-on-one on email/phone/person to get
      (re-)acquainted, & start a dialogue about our large-scale Agro-ecological Native Pollinator systems research!!

      Talk to you soon,
      Nick

      --
      *

      *
      **
      **
      **
      *MANAGING NATIVE POLLINATOR ABUNDANCE:*
      **
      *Efforts in Sustainable Native Pollination Services *
      *
      *
      Nicholas Glynn Stewart
       *
      ***
      * *
      *   Project Designer,** Lead Researcher, **Primary Taxonomist**
      *
      **
       nick.s2art@...*                               (404) 784-6236*
      * **
      *
      *GA Native Pollinator Laboratory, A1300*
       **
      *1000 University Center Lane**
      *
      *Lawrenceville, GA 30043*