CO2 and bumble bees

  • elaineceleste
    Message 1 of 15 , Nov 10, 2012
      RE knocking bees out temporarily for ID......I remember some studies from the 90s that found increased larval ejection in bumble bee colonies following CO2 narcosis of workers. I haven't looked into this lately to know if people figured out all of what was going on there, but I've been avoiding its use to be on the safe side.
      -Elaine

      Elaine Evans
      PhD Student, Dept of Entomology
      University of Minnesota