What monitoring programs for bees exist in North America?

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 26, 2012
      Note that dictation software was used in this message and thus odd word swaps can slip in!

      All:

      I am in the middle of helping a group of people write up a set of protocols for the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service to help them design and implement bee monitoring programs within the refuge system.

      In one section of that document they want us to talk about what monitoring programs currently exist within North America and this is why I am writing the listserv today, as I am not sure I know.

      So, you can either reply to the list or to me privately at sdroege@... regarding any monitoring program or programs that you are running or are aware of.   I am going to define monitoring here as: the repeated collection of standardized data on bee populations over time that results in a statistically valid estimate of change.

      Thank you.

      Sam

      Sam Droege  sdroege@...

      Excuse my wandering.
      How can one be orderly with this?
      It's like counting leaves in a garden,
      along with the sound notes of partridges,
      and crows.
      Sometimes organization
      and computation become absurd.
                          Rumi