pollination & powerlines?

  • Kimberly Russell
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 18, 2012
      Hi All,

      This is going to sound like an odd question, but have any of you heard of a study being conducted at either University of Washington or Washington State University on the subject of the effects of power line proximity on bee pollination of crops? As many of you know, I have been doing bee surveys in powerline rights-of-way for a number of years and am always interested to know of other people/groups working in this area. I did some google searching and have not been able to dig up anything on this, but I got a call from one of my EPRI contacts this morning saying that someone mentioned to him that such a study was "about to be published". If anyone has any ideas about this, let me know.

      Thanks!
      Kim
      Dr. Kimberly N. Russell

      Research Scientist