Re: [beemonitoring] Agapostemon

  • Jack Neff
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 12, 2012

      The bee with the closeup of the mesosoma is clearly not an Agapostemon (the shape and sculpture of the propodeal area is all wrong).  Since their aren't supposed to be any augochlorines in the NW, a metallic Osmia is a good guess.  The Calochortus bee remains an Agapostemon

      best

      Jack

      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 12, 2012
        The bee with the closeup of the mesosoma is a female Osmia (Melanosmia) sensu lato in the Chenosmia group.

        John S. Ascher, PhD
        Research Scientist
        Division of Invertebrate Zoology
        American Museum of Natural History
        Central Park W @ 79th St.
        New York, NY 10024-5192
        212-496-3447 work
        917-407-0378 cell

        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 12, 2012

          Many thanks to the advisory board; so many green metallic bees, so little time.
          I'll work on them over the winter.

          Dana