Re: [beemonitoring] This is what I meant to post [1 Attachment]

  • Nicholas Stewart
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 26, 2012
      That picture is undoubtedly M. (Callemegachile) sculpturalis.

      That's looks to be one of the smaller male morphs I referred to in my recent posts.

      As far as N GA is concerned, this is the 1st year out of the last three (in which I've sampled my 8 sites spanning the state's N border very HEAVILY, ~90 full day intensive collections covering the entire seasons freeze-to-freeze) which I've picked up the Asian Resin Bee (it's common name).

      Even more interesting, irregardless of its first appearance here, I collected over 100 specimens in the span of roughly 1 1/2 months late this Summer before they stopped being caught! I continue to sample (as I've been doing every year, usually until mid- to late-Nov), but no further M. sculpturalis.

      Irregardless, they're here (north Georgia) for sure!

      Nick Stewart

      On Wednesday, September 26, 2012, Sharon Muczynski wrote:

      Best Regards,
      Sharon Muczynski LEED® AP
      Ecology M.S. Candidate
      San Diego State University

      --

      MANAGING NATIVE POLLINATOR ABUNDANCE:
      Efforts in Sustainable Native Pollination Services

      Nicholas Glynn Stewart
         Project Designer, Lead Researcher, Primary Taxonomist
      1000 University Center Lane
      Lawrenceville, GA 30043