Ladybird Johnson is 100 years old

    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 25, 2012
      Dear Colleagues:

      Ladybird Johnson is 100 years old this year and the Texas government has declared 2012 the year of Lady Bird Johnson.  Her wildflower center has a website and there is now a pollinator page.

      If you want to send Mrs Johnson a note of congratulations go to the following site.

      Peter
    • Jack Neff
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 25, 2012
        Donations to the Wildflower Center in her name would undoubtedly be appreciated but congratulatory notes would probably be not as she died in 2007.

        best

        Jack

        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 25, 2012
          Dear Jack

          Yes, I know but, go to the website as directed.  They ARE asking people to write congratulatory notes... so I did.  What's the harm and NAPPC gets a little more exposure with people conserving native American species?  Surely, we need each other so let's respect their wishes.

          Peter

          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 26, 2012
            Dear Sharon:

            Yes, I know and I already answered this one when smarty-pants, Jack Neff thought he was correcting me.  So I'm sending it again.

            Go to the website.  They want you to send a "congratulatory note" to Mrs Johnson (and they don't use BIG words, like posthumously).  That was fine with me.  Let's be honest, the interests and goals of the LATE Mrs Johnson's Wildflower Foundation converge with our own.  Come on, be a sport and, oh, read the congratulatory notes that have accumulated.  Some are quite touching..

            Peter

            On Tue, Sep 25, 2012 at 4:19 PM, Sharon Muczynski <muczynski.sharon@...> wrote:
            Um, Lady Bird Johnson is dead, as of 2007. Maybe you meant posthumously?
            On Sep 25, 2012, at 9:41 AM, Peter Bernhardt wrote:

            Dear Colleagues:

            Ladybird Johnson is 100 years old this year and the Texas government has declared 2012 the year of Lady Bird Johnson.  Her wildflower center has a website and there is now a pollinator page.

            If you want to send Mrs Johnson a note of congratulations go to the following site.

            Peter

            Sharon Muczynski