Status of Africanized honeybees in North America

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 23, 2012

      Charles Guevara passed along this link to a large aggregation of Africanized honey bees in Texas.

      http://news.yahoo.com/video/giant-hive-half-million-killer-193000682.html?_esi=1

      While this is not news in itself it does remind me that I have not heard anything in the past several years about the status of the northward movement of Africanized honeybees. Does anyone have information on their establishment outside of the border zones?

      Thanks

      Sam

      Sam Droege  sdroege@...

      The Lake Isle of Innisfree

      I will arise and go now, and go to Innisfree,
      And a small cabin build there, of clay and wattles made:
      Nine bean-rows will I have there, a hive for the honeybee,
      And live alone in the bee-loud glade.

      And I shall have some peace there, for peace comes dropping slow
      Dropping from the veils of the morning to where the cricket sings;
      There midnight's all a glimmer, and noon a purple glow,
      And evenings full of the linnet's wings.

      I will arise and go now, for always night and day
      I hear the lake water lapping with low sounds by the shore;
      While I stand on the roadway, or on the pavements gray,
      I hear it in the deep heart's core.

             -- William Butler Yeats