Small bee ID - Thank you

  • PouleP
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 17, 2012

      Hi,

      just a special word of thanks for all the help and quick responses I received in attempting to identify the little bee I recently posted to the list (as well as the other fellows mentioned below).

      Should more info be received, it will be added, of course, but for now their pictures can at least be posted to Discover Life.

      Here is the info I have so far:

      The little bee:

      Halictus subgenus Seladonia (Laurence Packer)

      Fly 1: Syrphidae Allograpta (Mike Picker); Syrphidae Allograpta fuscotibialis (Thlou Masehela)

      Fly 2: Horse bot fly (Gonia spp.) from the family Tachinidae. (Thlou Masehela)

      Caterpillar: Woolly bear Tiger moth family Arctiidae (Mike Picker)

      Your help is always greatly appreciated.

      Have a good day wherever you are.

      Respectfully yours,

      hen

      PS This is how I feel with the camera in my hand:

      "... Next time

      I'll move like cautious sunlight, open

      the door by fractions, eavesdrop

      peacefully."