Re: [beemonitoring] Cavity vs. Ground-nesting bees?

  • Jack Neff
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 7, 2012
    Joel:  Jim Cane and I came up with an estimate of 64% ground nesting (55% for all bees, including parasitics) for our 2011 paper in Biological Conservation 144: 2631-2636.  Attached is the appendix with a breakdown by family.  Our estimate for the Megachilidae was 16.8% (excluding parasitics).  Perhaps this will give you something to cite.  The paper also includes an analysis of published nest depths of ground nesting bees.

    best

    Jack