More Sources for flower Nectar

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 4, 2012
      If you are living in southern California or Hawaii you may have access shrubs and small trees from Australia and South Africa that belong in the Proteaceae (macadamia nut family).  Grevilleas and Banksias, in particular secrete oodles of nectar but it is usually a hexose rich (mostly fructose and glucose) nectar consumed by passerine birds in the natural habitats.

      Peter