Re: [beemonitoring] Collect your own nectar

  • Pierre Martineau
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 4, 2012
      Dear Sam:

      Thinking about Peter Berhardt's comment:

      I know of no source for flower nectars. Have they considered buying jars of raw honey and diluting it? If you find a competent and truthful apiarist he can tell you what his bees foraged on, in season. That's the best I can suggest.

      I am wondering whether Orange Blossom Water ("Eau de Fleur d'Oranger") or Rose Water ("Eau de Rose"), both commercially available, might be potential candidates. I do not know if they still qualify as "nectar" after the processing they are subjected to, so I apologize if this is totally irrelevant.

      Pierre Martineau