Re: Question about Ancient Honey

  • johnplant3
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 2, 2012
      In the 1894 book by the British Museum's Egyptologist Sir Wallis Budge entitled The Mummy, the author recalls on page 208 the credible story of Abd al-Latif, who was exploring graves near the "Pyramids", when he and other treasure seekers were about to eat from an ancient and sealed jar of honey.
      One was dipping bread into the honey to taste it, when he noticed a hair. They pulled out the hair and it was attached to the corpse of a small child well-preserved in the honey.
      Did they actually taste the honey? Well that wasn't really the point of the story.
      However, I believe there are other references. Maybe I will come across them.
      John Plant