Bees of the Black Belt Region of Mississippi

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 15, 2012
    • 1 Attachment
    • 216 KB
    All:

    Attached is a nice publication of the bees of the important southern biodiversity hotspot, the Black Belt of Mississippi.  I will add it to our list of published faunas available for downloading on the ftp site listed below in about a week after getting back from West Virginia.

    ftp://ftpext.usgs.gov/pub/er/md/laurel/Droege/Faunas/

    As usual, I have to point out that many of you (myself included!)  are sitting on unpublished data of bees from your bioregion and the publication of those results are THE highest good you accomplish.

              Do it.

    sam

    Sam Droege  sdroege@...

    "The ancient simplicity into which honor so largely entered was
    laughed down and disappeared; and society became divided into
    camps in which no man trusted his fellow.  To put an end to this,
    there was neither promise to be depended upon, nor oath that
    could command respect; but all parties dwelling rather in their
    calculation upon the hopelessness of a permanent state of things,
    were more intent upon self-defense than capable of confidence.
    In this contest the blunter wits were most successful.
    Apprehensive of their own deficiencies and of the cleverness of
    their antagonists, they feared to be worsted in debate and to be
    surprised by the combinations of their more versatile opponents,
    and so at once boldly had recourse to action: while their
    adversaries, arrogantly thinking that they should know in time,
    and that it was unnecessary to secure by action what policy
    afforded, often fell victims to their want of precaution."
         - Thucydides
         The Peloponnesian War, Book III, Chapter X