Need specimens for Augochlorella aurata study

  • Sarah Kocher
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 24, 2012
      Dear all,

      I'm a postdoc studying some of the ecological and genetic factors
      associated with the evolution of social behavior in halictid bees with
      professors Naomi Pierce and Hopi Hoekstra. I'm currently working with
      Sam Droege to study intraspecific variation in Augochlorella aurata
      throughout its range.

      We already have specimens from several of you on this listserv, but
      are looking for additional molecular data and specimens from
      populations at the periphery of Augochlorella aurata's range. We would
      particularly be interested in specimens from the Maritimes, Ontario,
      Colorado, Texas, northern Minnesota, and coastal dune areas along all
      Atlantic and Gulf coasts.

      Specimens in 95% ethanol would be wonderful, but dried specimens
      collected during the last 10 years are also very useful.

      Many thanks,
      Sarah Kocher

      Sarah Kocher
      FQEB Postdoctoral Fellow
      Department of Organismic and Evolutionary Biology
      Harvard University
      26 Oxford Street
      Cambridge, Massachusetts 02138-2902 USA
      Email: skocher@...