RE: [beemonitoring] Announcing the Handy Bee Manual

  • Ed Stockman
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 5, 2008

      Sam,

      Please send me a Word file as well.

      Thanks,

      Ed

      From: beemonitoring@yahoogroups.com [mailto:beemonitoring@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of frozenbeedoc@...
      Sent: Tuesday, March 04, 2008 3:47 PM
      To: beemonitoring@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [beemonitoring] Announcing the Handy Bee Manual

      Sam,

      I would like the WORD file for the manual.  I have trouble getting things off of the yahoo site.  Compuserve is a bit unwieldy sometimes. But cheap.

      Thanks,
      Anita

    • Logan Williams
      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 5, 2008
        Hey Sam, please send me the Handy Bee Manual word document.  Thanks, Logan Williams

        Sam Droege wrote:

        All:

        Many thanks for your suggestions to the recent bee pinning etc. document.  I have incorporated those, compiled that file with several other files that we have put together over the years, edited them, and created what I am calling the "Handy Bee Manual."  Something that I hope will be useful for those individuals who will be running inventory and monitoring program, who want to learn to identify bees, and who need to curate and label the resulting specimens and information.  At this point it is running to 45 pages and I plan to keep adding to it as new information and suggestions come in.

        It is currently available in the files section of the listserv web site.

        http://tech. groups.yahoo. com/group/ beemonitoring/ files/

        The file is about 2megs in size.  I also have the original WORD document that I can send to anyone who would rather have that format.

        Feel free to distribute, modify, and post this manual wherever you like and I am always eager for new sections, corrections, and suggestions.

        Many thanks for all the help on this community project.

        sam
        Sam Droege  Sam_Droege@USGS. GOV
        Http://www.pwrc. usgs.gov

        Nelson would have been afraid of ten thousand fleas, but a flea wouldn't be afraid of ten
        thousand Nelsons.
         - Mark Twain

      • Dan Kjar
        Message 3 of 9 , Mar 5, 2008
          Hello all,
          You can download the manual from a link on this page.
          http://bio2.elmira.edu/fieldbio
          It is 2mb by the way...
          Dan

          --- In beemonitoring@yahoogroups.com, Logan Williams

          Message 4 of 9 , Mar 5, 2008
            Thanks Dan:

            This is very useful as I think some people don't have access to the yahoogroups site.

            Can I send you the WORD Version too?

            sam

            Sam Droege  Sam_Droege@...

            Gift

            A day so happy.
            Fog lifted early, I worked in the garden. Hummingbirds were stopping over honeysuckle flowers.
            There was no thing on earth I wanted to possess.
            I knew no one worth my envying him.
            Whatever evil I had suffered, I forgot.
            To think that once I was the same man did not embarrass me. In my body I felt no pain.
            When straightening up, I saw the blue sea and sails.

            Czeslaw Milosz - Gift

            "Dan Kjar" <dsk@...>
            Sent by: beemonitoring@yahoogroups.com

            03/05/2008 09:22 AM

            Please respond to
            beemonitoring@yahoogroups.com

            beemonitoring@yahoogroups.com
            cc
            Subject
            [beemonitoring] A handy place to download the Handy Bee Manual

            <loganwilliams@...> wrote:

            > Hey Sam, please send me the Handy Bee Manual word document.
            > Thanks, Logan Williams
            >
            > Sam Droege wrote:
            >

            > > All:
            > >
            > > Many thanks for your suggestions to the recent bee pinning etc.
            > > document. I have incorporated those, compiled that file with
            > > several other files that we have put together over the years,
            > > edited them, and created what I am calling the "Handy Bee
            > > Manual." Something that I hope will be useful for those
            > > individuals who will be running inventory and monitoring
            > > program, who want to learn to identify bees, and who need to
            > > curate and label the resulting specimens and information. At
            > > this point it is running to 45 pages and I plan to keep adding
            > > to it as new information and suggestions come in.
            > >
            > > It is currently available in the files section of the listserv
            > > web site.

            > > The file is about 2megs in size. I also have the original WORD
            > > document that I can send to anyone who would rather have that
            > > format.
            > >
            > > Feel free to distribute, modify, and post this manual wherever
            > > you like and I am always eager for new sections, corrections,
            > > and suggestions.
            > >
            > > Many thanks for all the help on this community project.
            > >
            > > sam
            > > Sam Droege Sam_Droege@...
            > > w 301-497-5840 h 301-390-7759 fax 301-497-5624
            > > USGS Patuxent Wildlife Research Center
            > > BARC-EAST, BLDG 308, RM 124 10300 Balt. Ave., Beltsville, MD
            > > 20705

            Http://www.pwrc.usgs.gov

            > > Nelson would have been afraid of ten thousand fleas, but a flea
            > > wouldn't be afraid of ten
            > > thousand Nelsons.
            > > - Mark Twain

          • Dan Kjar
            Message 5 of 9 , Mar 5, 2008
              Certainly Sam. Any other documents you would like me to make
              available just let me know.

              Dan

            • scan_editor_brg@bellsouth.net
              Message 6 of 9 , Mar 7, 2008
                Dan,
                Thanks!
                ben
                --
                Ben Gregory, Secretary
                South Carolina Association of

                -------------- Original message from "Dan Kjar" <dsk@...>: --------------

                <loganwilliams@ ...> wrote:

                > Hey Sam, please send me the Handy Bee Manual word document.
                > Thanks, Logan Williams
                >
                > Sam Droege wrote:
                >

                > > All:
                > >
                > > Many thanks for your suggestions to the recent bee pinning etc.
                > > document. I have incorporated those, compiled that file with
                > > several other files that we have put together over the years,
                > > edited them, and created what I am calling the "Handy Bee
                > > Manual." Something that I hope will be useful for those
                > > individuals who will be running inventory and monitoring
                &g t; > program, who want to learn to identify bees, and who need to

              • barbara.abraham@hamptonu.edu
                Message 7 of 9 , Mar 10, 2008

                  Sam,

                  Please send me the Word version, too.  Thanks!

                  Barb

                  Barbara J. Abraham, Ph.D.

                  Associate Professor

                  Department of Biological Sciences

                  Hampton University

                  Hampton, VA   23668

                  757-727-5283

                  barbara.abraham@...

                  "Dan Kjar" <dsk@georgetown. edu>

                  <loganwilliams@ ...> wrote:

                  > Hey Sam, please send me the Handy Bee Manual word document.
                  > Thanks, Logan
                  Williams

                  > Sam Droege wrote:
                  >

                  > > All:
                  > >
                  > > Many thanks for your suggestions to the recent bee pinning etc.
                  > > document. I have incorporated those, compiled that file with
                  > > several other files that we have put together over the years,
                  > > edited them, and created what I am calling the "Handy Bee
                  > > Manual." Something that I hope will be useful for those
                  > > individuals who will be running inventory and monitoring
                  > > program, who want to learn to identify bees, and who need to
                  > > curate and label the resulting specimens and information. At
                  > > this point it is running to 45 pages and I plan to keep adding
                  > > to it as new information and suggestions come in.
                  > >
                  > > It is currently available in the files section of the listserv
                  > > web site.
                  > >
                  > > http://tech. groups.yahoo. com/group/ beemonitoring/ files/
                  > >
                  > > The file is about 2megs in size. I also have the original WORD
                  > > document that I can send to anyone who would rather have that
                  > > format.
                  > >
                  > > Feel free to distribute, modify, and post this manual wherever
                  > > you like and I am always eager for new sections, corrections,
                  > > and suggestions.
                  > >
                  > > Many thanks for all the help on this community project.
                  > >
                  > > sam
                  > > Sam Droege Sam_Droege@. ..
                  > > w 301-497-5840 h 301-390-7759 fax 301-497-5624
                  > > USGS
                  w:st="on">Patuxent Wildlife Research Center