Re: [beemonitoring] Announcing the Handy Bee Manual

  • frozenbeedoc@cs.com
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 4, 2008
      Sam,

      I would like the WORD file for the manual.  I have trouble getting things off of the yahoo site.  Compuserve is a bit unwieldy sometimes. But cheap.

      Thanks,
      Anita
    • Ed Stockman
      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 5, 2008

        Sam,

        Please send me a Word file as well.

        Thanks,

        Ed

        Message 3 of 9 , Mar 5, 2008
          Hey Sam, please send me the Handy Bee Manual word document.  Thanks, Logan Williams

          Sam Droege wrote:

          All:

          Many thanks for your suggestions to the recent bee pinning etc. document.  I have incorporated those, compiled that file with several other files that we have put together over the years, edited them, and created what I am calling the "Handy Bee Manual."  Something that I hope will be useful for those individuals who will be running inventory and monitoring program, who want to learn to identify bees, and who need to curate and label the resulting specimens and information.  At this point it is running to 45 pages and I plan to keep adding to it as new information and suggestions come in.

          It is currently available in the files section of the listserv web site.

          http://tech. groups.yahoo. com/group/ beemonitoring/ files/

          The file is about 2megs in size.  I also have the original WORD document that I can send to anyone who would rather have that format.

          Feel free to distribute, modify, and post this manual wherever you like and I am always eager for new sections, corrections, and suggestions.

          Many thanks for all the help on this community project.

          sam
          Sam Droege  Sam_Droege@USGS. GOV
          Http://www.pwrc. usgs.gov

          Nelson would have been afraid of ten thousand fleas, but a flea wouldn't be afraid of ten
          thousand Nelsons.
           - Mark Twain

        • Dan Kjar
          Message 4 of 9 , Mar 5, 2008
            Hello all,
            You can download the manual from a link on this page.
            http://bio2.elmira.edu/fieldbio
            It is 2mb by the way...
            Dan

            --- In beemonitoring@yahoogroups.com, Logan Williams

            Message 5 of 9 , Mar 5, 2008
              Thanks Dan:

              This is very useful as I think some people don't have access to the yahoogroups site.

              Can I send you the WORD Version too?

              sam

              Sam Droege  Sam_Droege@...

              Gift

              A day so happy.
              Fog lifted early, I worked in the garden. Hummingbirds were stopping over honeysuckle flowers.
              There was no thing on earth I wanted to possess.
              I knew no one worth my envying him.
              Whatever evil I had suffered, I forgot.
              To think that once I was the same man did not embarrass me. In my body I felt no pain.
              When straightening up, I saw the blue sea and sails.

              Czeslaw Milosz - Gift

              "Dan Kjar" <dsk@...>
              Sent by: beemonitoring@yahoogroups.com

              03/05/2008 09:22 AM

              Please respond to
              beemonitoring@yahoogroups.com

              beemonitoring@yahoogroups.com
              cc
              Subject
              [beemonitoring] A handy place to download the Handy Bee Manual

              <loganwilliams@...> wrote:

              > Hey Sam, please send me the Handy Bee Manual word document.
              > Thanks, Logan Williams
              >
              > Sam Droege wrote:
              >

              > > All:
              > >
              > > Many thanks for your suggestions to the recent bee pinning etc.
              > > document. I have incorporated those, compiled that file with
              > > several other files that we have put together over the years,
              > > edited them, and created what I am calling the "Handy Bee
              > > Manual." Something that I hope will be useful for those
              > > individuals who will be running inventory and monitoring
              > > program, who want to learn to identify bees, and who need to
              > > curate and label the resulting specimens and information. At
              > > this point it is running to 45 pages and I plan to keep adding
              > > to it as new information and suggestions come in.
              > >
              > > It is currently available in the files section of the listserv
              > > web site.

              > > The file is about 2megs in size. I also have the original WORD
              > > document that I can send to anyone who would rather have that
              > > format.
              > >
              > > Feel free to distribute, modify, and post this manual wherever
              > > you like and I am always eager for new sections, corrections,
              > > and suggestions.
              > >
              > > Many thanks for all the help on this community project.
              > >
              > > sam
              > > Sam Droege Sam_Droege@...
              > > w 301-497-5840 h 301-390-7759 fax 301-497-5624
              > > USGS Patuxent Wildlife Research Center
              > > BARC-EAST, BLDG 308, RM 124 10300 Balt. Ave., Beltsville, MD
              > > 20705

              Http://www.pwrc.usgs.gov

              > > Nelson would have been afraid of ten thousand fleas, but a flea
              > > wouldn't be afraid of ten
              > > thousand Nelsons.
              > > - Mark Twain

            • Dan Kjar
              Message 6 of 9 , Mar 5, 2008
                Certainly Sam. Any other documents you would like me to make
                available just let me know.

                Dan

              • scan_editor_brg@bellsouth.net
                Message 7 of 9 , Mar 7, 2008
                  Dan,
                  Thanks!
                  ben
                  --
                  Ben Gregory, Secretary
                  South Carolina Association of

                  -------------- Original message from "Dan Kjar" <dsk@...>: --------------

                  <loganwilliams@ ...> wrote:

                  > Hey Sam, please send me the Handy Bee Manual word document.
                  > Thanks, Logan Williams
                  >
                  > Sam Droege wrote:
                  >

                  > > All:
                  > >
                  > > Many thanks for your suggestions to the recent bee pinning etc.
                  > > document. I have incorporated those, compiled that file with
                  > > several other files that we have put together over the years,
                  > > edited them, and created what I am calling the "Handy Bee
                  > > Manual." Something that I hope will be useful for those
                  > > individuals who will be running inventory and monitoring
                  &g t; > program, who want to learn to identify bees, and who need to

                • barbara.abraham@hamptonu.edu
                  Message 8 of 9 , Mar 10, 2008

                    Sam,

                    Please send me the Word version, too.  Thanks!

                    Barb

                    Barbara J. Abraham, Ph.D.

                    Associate Professor

                    Department of Biological Sciences

                    Hampton University

                    Hampton, VA   23668

                    757-727-5283

                    barbara.abraham@...

                    "Dan Kjar" <dsk@georgetown. edu>

                    <loganwilliams@ ...> wrote:

                    > Hey Sam, please send me the Handy Bee Manual word document.
                    > Thanks, Logan
                    Williams

                    > Sam Droege wrote:
                    >

                    > > All:
                    > >
                    > > Many thanks for your suggestions to the recent bee pinning etc.
                    > > document. I have incorporated those, compiled that file with
                    > > several other files that we have put together over the years,
                    > > edited them, and created what I am calling the "Handy Bee
                    > > Manual." Something that I hope will be useful for those
                    > > individuals who will be running inventory and monitoring
                    > > program, who want to learn to identify bees, and who need to
                    > > curate and label the resulting specimens and information. At
                    > > this point it is running to 45 pages and I plan to keep adding
                    > > to it as new information and suggestions come in.
                    > >
                    > > It is currently available in the files section of the listserv
                    > > web site.
                    > >
                    > > http://tech. groups.yahoo. com/group/ beemonitoring/ files/
                    > >
                    > > The file is about 2megs in size. I also have the original WORD
                    > > document that I can send to anyone who would rather have that
                    > > format.
                    > >
                    > > Feel free to distribute, modify, and post this manual wherever
                    > > you like and I am always eager for new sections, corrections,
                    > > and suggestions.
                    > >
                    > > Many thanks for all the help on this community project.
                    > >
                    > > sam
                    > > Sam Droege Sam_Droege@. ..
                    > > w 301-497-5840 h 301-390-7759 fax 301-497-5624
                    > > USGS
                    w:st="on">Patuxent Wildlife Research Center