Beekeepers Insurance

  • Julie Tennis
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 25, 2012
      Hello,

      I'm looking for some leads in picking up insurance for my bees.  Any suggestions?

      Thank you,

      Julie Tennis
    • Julie Tennis
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 25, 2012
        To clarify:  I am looking for insurance to cover my honeybees.  I'm particularly interested in liability insurance.

        Thanks!
      • Wilson, Michael E
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 26, 2012
          Check with your homeowner's insurance. Farm Bureau covers honey bee liability (injuries to other people) just like they would cattle or other livestock, if you have a Farm or Estate policy. I don't think that would cover out-apiaries (not sure), just apiaries at your home.

          -Michael